Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Title changed.... no more Flash Game Programmer.

Seeing how Flash is gonna be booted out soon, and trying to stay relevant in today's game community, I have decided to change the title of the blog to 'Indie Game Programmer'. That ought to last a few years.

Sad to see Flash go as I have been with it since the old Macromedia time then with Adobe. Seeing how HTML 5 is being used mainstream nowadays, hopefully Flash will not be forgotten like how WinPlay was forgotten as the first MP3 player for Windows.


WinPlay3

Still remember how the older / slower PC's tend to stretch the music, slowing it down whenever there were other programs running in the background. Getting a 4MB mp3 from the net takes close to an hour sometimes, well at least from where I was back in 1997.

Compressing MP3 was my biggest feat, before that everything was wav wav wav wav... and animations came in the form of flc, fli.
3D Studio DOS and Lightwave 3D 4 was the way to go.

Image result for lightwave 3d 4
Image result for 3d studio 4 for dos

Yup.. those were the days...

1 comment:

offieos said...

Nice and great information I found in this blog. Thanx for sharing this information. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
www.webroot.com/safe
www.office.com/setup